- How to do-it-yourself instructional on use
of Diamond Push Points and Pushmate installer tool in picture framing. Shows
cost of supplies.
- I have the original nails here but I’m
going to replace them with a much more modern and much more convenient
solution. Which are these little fellows right here. I call them stars
because they’re kind of star shaped.
- We’re going to use these little staples
that are driven in by this interesting little driver right here. You just
get in behind them like that and you push them in …
- That’s what the staple looks like. As you
can see its got raised edges for pushing on.
- The tool is this thing right here it’s
made by the Fletcher company again and all you do is you get… you load one
in like that.
- And you want to be very careful not to push
down at all because you’re going to shatter the glass. Of course you need
to only be pushing parallel to the glass into the wood, not down on the
glass at all.
- I’m going to try and centre it and then
slide it on in like that. Very careful not to push down – only to push
across. And there it is.
- OK as usual my product is by 3M and it is
Durapore fabric tape. So just attach that along like that. Like that and
then bring it in, make a nice dust cover while still preserving the look of
the original picture frame maker.
then trim the corner on an angle.
copyright © 2010 - 2011 *
Repairs101.ca * All Rights Reserved.